Thursday, June 08, 2006

End of 8th Month

Tomorrow will be the start of my ninth month, with four weeks left before my due date. I will have a picture on Sunday for the end of my eighth month. Galen is right now in Idaho and won't be back until late Friday, so we decided just to take a picture at our shower at the church, which will be on June 11. This will be our last (and sixth) shower. We're partied out!! I had a doctor's visit on Wednesday. Everything is going good. The baby's heartrate was 160 (good for a girl) and her head is down, way down. I haven't dilated yet, but my body is gearing up for the big day. I now will start going every week to the doctor's office until my due date. I have seen all the doctors in the office and am starting back with those I really like! The baby has started to kick me in my ribs, not a pleasant experience, but at least it's not all the time. She's still pretty active eventhough she's got to be running out of room in there! I didn't gain any weight over the two weeks since my last visit, so I'm still holding at 17 pounds total. I don't understand because I feel that I've doubled in size! Just as long as the baby's growing and everything is fine, I guess I shouldn't complain. It's getting harder to get around and get comfortable. I'm ready for her to get here. I started packing for my hospital bag. I still need a few items before I feel that we have everything we need before her arrival. We still need to finish some things in her room, but we're getting there. I washed up all her toys and stuffed animals today. Almost ready to bring her home. We're still wondering what Winston's going to do when she's actually here. He still likes to mess up her Pooh rug in her room. I guess I'm going to have to get his own rug!! Maybe he's just got a thing for Pooh!! On a non-baby note...Go Hurricanes!! I will be so excited when Carolina wins the Stanley Cup. They are up 2-0 and will play again in Edmonton on Saturday. It's okay if they lose one of their games in Edmonton, because I'd love to see them hoist the Cup in Raleigh!! But, if they win it in 4, I won't complain at all! Galen jokes that when I'm in labor, that will be my happy thought and my happy place will be the RBC Center holding the Cup at center ice. That will be a nice distraction!! Until Sunday...We love and miss all of you!

No comments: