Thursday, June 22, 2006

Victory IS Sweet!!

CAROLINA HURRICANES WIN FIRST STANLEY CUP!!
I'm still on Cloud 9 (or higher) since the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup on Monday night. My only regret is that I wasn't able to be there or to be present at the Championship Parade on Tuesday. This is great publicity for our home state, but it did get a little anoying when the announcers (Yankees and Canadians who don't know better!) kept saying "here in Carolina" and I kept adding "North" to the end of their statements. Then, we get no respect in the media either. I know they're all upset that a "hick" Southern state known for NASCAR beat an institution of a team like the Edmonton Oilers. Get over it and give us some credit!! I got so tired of hearing the NHL Finals as just afterthoughts on news shows when the NBA Finals got an entire hour or more of coverage. No respect!! Okay, let me come off my soapbox now. One tagline to the Hurricanes winning are two players I would like to highlight. Galen found an article on the Hurricanes website about the faith of two players, Glen Wesley and Cam Ward. Wesley is a seasoned veteran and Ward is the rookie goalie who won the Conn Smyth Trophy (MVP of the Finals). Both state in this article that they are Christians and how their faith has shaped their lives as well as their athletic talent. I enclose the link to the article if you'd like to read it for yourself (http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/custom/radA4BF3.asp). Now, on baby news...we are going back to the doctor today and I will add another blog soon about that visit. I will also put some pictures of our nursery which I think is ready. I would have done that today, but we had a little water problem last night and we had to have the water extracted from the carpet today and things are a little messed up right now. So, come back for more!

No comments: