Saturday, June 17, 2006

37th Week

Only 3 weeks to go!! The baby is considered full-term now and could come anytime with no problems. And of course, with the way I feel and the temperature outside rising, that would be fine with me! We went to the doctor last Wednesday. I gained 3 pounds, the most I've gained since the first trimester! Dr. Gorman said the baby's head is very low which means I hurt a lot and have to go to the bathroom quite frequently. He suggests walking to help get things started. He also thinks that since her head is so far down, I probably will have the baby close to my due date (July 7th). We will go back to see him on Thursday. I guess we'll see if the walking helps any. My parents will be coming here from North Carolina the week before the 7th and stay until the week after, so it would be great for her to be either early or on time so that they be able to spend some time with their newest granddaughter. We still have a few things left in the nursery to get ready and I'm in the process of getting my hospital bag packed. I will take pictures of the nursery when we're finished and post them as soon as possible. We'll let you know how our Thursday visit goes. Also, we wouldn't mind some comments from our family and friends out there, just to let us know how you like the blog and what you'd like to hear from us here in Arkansas. And on a personal note, I hope my time of mourning will pass tonight as we watch the Carolina Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup. I've been wearing black since Wednesday when they lost in overtime in Raleigh. I don't care now where they win the Cup, just that they win it!! GO 'CANES!!

No comments: